I am not the best at maintaining a blog. I’m sure by my lack of posts and content that you’ve figured that out by now.
If you’re still here for some reason, hello again. It’s been a while. How are you?
I’ve been…something. The last few months that I’ve been away, well…have definitely been something. I’ll do a run-down in bullet points just to keep things short.
- I turned 25 on September 1st.
- I’m still making art and doodling. Consistency.
- I’ve been using ShippingCart and ordering stuff online. Fun but not good for my wallet/bank account.
- I have played multiple rounds of Dream Daddy. It’s such a fun game and I enjoy it immensely. If you enjoy it too, leave a comment. I’d love to talk Dad.
- I’ve finished one term of grad school under the Teaching Certificate Program with pretty good grades. I’m half-way through my second term and I’m flagging in one class because I’m not enjoying myself. Pretty much just gritting my teeth to get through it.
- I attended a bunch of conventions like APCC2017 and HistoryCon 2017. At HCon, I met Danielle Colby of The Pickers and got her autograph!! Here’s photos of that:
- I went to the Manila International Book Fair and bought some books. Even if I haven’t made much of a dent in my reading list from last Book Fair, I am apparently a hoarder and can’t be stopped (hahaha someone send help oh no).
- My friends and I did a random photo walk for no particular reason. We also had dinner at a cool dive bar after. Spent some time together and it was good. It’s always good to hang out with my friends. Here’s a photo:
- In more art-related news, I conducted a calligraphy workshop recently for my org back in university. First time doing a workshop for calligraphy so that was fun. I was told that I did pretty well and they’ll keep me in their contacts for more art-related workshops in the future. Jolly good.
- I completed #inktober2017! Second year participating in the Inktober festivities, it was really fun. I had more fun this year than I did last year, definitely. There are on my instagram if you want to see them. Here are some of my favorite ones:
- My art has been chosen and featured in a 2018 planner! That’s rather exciting. I submitted some collages that I made during Woman, Create‘s open call for art and I’m now a contributor to their 365 Wonders: 2018 planner.
- My art is also part of an exhibit for “Fun on Fleek”, a day of workshops and creativity by FILED, a local creative brand. I know it’s on the 12th but I have stuff to do (aka school) so I won’t be there. Still, rather exciting.
- I’ve gotten into a(nother) pretty messy fight with someone online. I don’t feel like elaborating or explaining much about this. Just know that it’s over now and that bridges have been crossed and burned. It’s fine, for the most part.
- My sister had a pretty harrowing encounter of being trapped in her own room and we tried to get her out for almost three hours. The door wouldn’t open even after we took out the door knob. It was a whole night of just sheer exhaustion that ended with her climbing out her window and camping out in my room. Her door knob is currently a doodle of an electronic keypad. What a mess.
- I’m currently writing an…anthology of sorts? I call it “The Secret Life of Ordinary Things“. It’s still in its nothing-good-but-at least-there’s-something phase. I’m working on it in bits. I’m still not 100% sure where it’s going but it’ll be alright soon maybe.
- Today, I got a Netflix account. Whoo!
And there we go. A quick life update from me. Is there anything in that list that you want to know more about? What have you been up to while I was gone? Leave a comment below, I’d love to hear from you.
As always, I hope you’re having a great day and I’ll see you in the next one.